Some San Diego Dream Team members got the opportunity to go the UCR’s National Immigration Summit.
- Meeting both Gil Cedillo and Ana Guevara
- Ana Guevara’s speech about immigration…”Buscan la vida, y encuentran la muerte”, she was referring to immigrants who crossed the border.
- Hearing from different panels about the various aspects of Immigration Reform
A San Diego Dream Team team member along with a member from the San Diego Day Laborers and Household Workers Association were able to attend We Belong Together Women’s Advocacy Days in Washington, DC. We Belong Together is an initiative of the National Domestic Workers Alliance and the National Asian Pacific American Womens Forum, with the participation of women’s organizations, immigrant rights groups, children, and families across the country.
- Networking with womyn leaders across the country
- Hearing stories from immigrant womyn
- Hearing from different leaders about immigration reform including Dolores Huerta
- Meeting Dolores Huerta
- Lobbying in D.C. for women’s rights as immigrant rights
Stay tuned for future events!