If you have already applied for or received your DACA, there are important steps to complete next!
Life After DACA
Once you have been approved for DACA, you will receive an approval letter and your work authorization card in the mail. Once you have these two items, you can apply for a social security number, state government ID/Driver’s License, update your tax records (if applicable), and more!
Check out this helpful guide (Steps to take after approval of your DACA) for information on the following:
- Applying for a social security number (SSN)
- Getting a California state government identification card and/or driver’s license
- Rescinding your Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) and updating your tax records to include your official SSN
- Providing your SSN to your employer
- Providing your SSN to financial institutions and requesting that your SSN be applied to your accounts
- Building or transferring your credit history
- and Traveling
You should also check out Own The Dream’s resources. They include essential information about Life After DACA.
For information on which health programs individuals with DACA can qualify for in California, check out: Your health, Your Future: Making DACA work for you in the Golden State
To learn more about your workers rights as a DACA recipient, check out NILC’s page.
Renewing your DACA
The renewal forms are out! Check out our DACA Renewal page. You can also sign up to Own the Dream’s DACA Renewal Network and receive customized alerts on how and when to renew your DACA at http://unitedwedream.org/dacarenew/